Since 2005, the Disability Research Forum (DRF) has been busy fostering informal networks of disability scholars by providing researchers with opportunities to present their work in a friendly and encouraging environment. This web space began as a way of disseminating the details of DRF seminars and related events. However, it has quickly become the platform for a virtual network of disability scholars, researchers, disabled people and disability activists from around the world.
Membership is FREE! Just click on the Sign me up! button to the right. You will receive email alerts of new postings, including reminders of upcoming events, which will ensure that you are kept up to date with all the latest DRF news.
Opportunities to get further involved include:
- presenting your work at an upcoming DRF seminar in Sheffield [For more information see below]
- attending and participating in DRF seminars and related events [For more information see below]
- submitting brief biographical and contact details to be listed in the People section*
- updating us on your recent your work to be listed in the Publications section*
- offering reports on a recent conference/event*
- posting comments in response to posts on the Home page.
* Please send information for posting/updating to Rebecca Mallett: email@example.com.
Please note that this is a dissemination space and the views expressed here do not represent the views of any company, institution or organisation with which we are associated.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ DRF Seminar Series ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The main activity of the forum is the DRF Seminar Series.
The seminars are informal and held at Sheffield Hallam University. They usually consist of two paper presentations from active disability researchers but can also include roundtable discussions on a topic of interest or a recent publication.
Dates and times of DRF Seminars 2012-2013 are as follows:
- 18th December 2012 (Tues) 2pm-3.30pm
- 9th January 2012 (Weds) 12pm-2pm
- 13th February 2012 (Weds) 4.30pm-6pm
- 11th March 2012 (Mon) 11am-1pm
- 15th April 2012 (Mon) 11am-1pm
Venue: Seminars are usually held in the Arundel Building, 122 Charles Street, City Campus, Sheffield Hallam University, S1 1WB. For a map of City Campus click here. Please double check the room before attending a specific seminar.
If you, or anybody you know, would like to present at a DRF seminar please do get in touch. Alternatively, let us know if there is an issue/article/book you’d like to facilitate a round table discussion on.
Even if you do not intend to present, feel free to come along, listen and share your thoughts. For lunchtime slots, please feel free to bring your own food and drink.
We aim to be accessible and have produced some guidelines of which we would like presenters to be mindful – these can be accessed here: Accessible Presenting
To offer to present, facilitate a discussion or for more detailed access information please contact: Rebecca Mallett: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 225 4669 or Jenny Slater: email@example.com or 0114 225 6691.