Many of you will remember the ‘Theorising Normalcy and the Mundane’ conference held at MMU in May 2010. The Call for Papers for the 2011 conference is now available. The conference is *FREE* and aims to bring together an international group of researchers to address diverse issues including:
- exploring the cultural and political production of normalcy
- addressing our obsession with reason and rationality
- connecting ableism with other hegemonies including heterosexism, racism and ageism
- analysing the barriers and possibilities of the mundane and extraordinary
- deconstructing new pathologies and ‘abnormalities’
For more information, please go to the ‘Events’ section.