Welcome all to 2011. As the new year begins, there are a few things we wanted to share with you…
Mencap is holding a series of roadshow events across the UK to tell people about the cuts happening in their area, and to look at ways of working together to fight them. The events will take place from January to March 2011 and all these Big Cuts events are free. The dates and times are as follows:
- 27 January 2011: Hampshire, The Maltings, Alton
- 1 February: London, Channel 4, Horseferry Road
- 2 February: Essex, Central Baptise Church, Chelmsford
- 16 February: Cambridgeshire, Woodgreen Animal Shelter Godmanchester
- 23 February: Nottingham, Nottingham Race Course
- 1 March: Devon, ISCA Centre, Exeter
- 2 March: Avon, Gloucestershire County Cricket Club, Bristol
- 8 March: Surrey, St Georges Christian Centre, Ashtead
- 9 March: West Yorkshire, Ramada Jarvis Hotel, Leeds
- 15 March: Staffordshire, Cannock Hockey and Cricket Club, Cannock
- 22 March: Manchester, Wythenshawe Forum Hall
- 23 March: Durham, Durham University
A slot has become available for the February 2011 DRF seminar (more info here). If you would like to present a paper or suggest a topic for a roundtable discussion please contact Rebecca Mallett (email@example.com).
Information about a Debates in Disability Studies Symposium I (26th January 2011) at MMU in Manchester, UK has been added to the Other Events page.
The Critical Autism Seminar Day is now just two weeks away – the programme can be found here, please note that there have been a few changes. Due to the popularity of this event we do not any spare places, so if you are no longer able to attend please email us to free up your place for another delegate. If you have not signed up but would like to attend the seminar day and/or the book launch please email Katherine Runswick-Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you will be added to a waiting list.