The Guardian (UK) have announced an International Development Journalism Competition for stories that will feature the challenges faced by disabled girls.
They are asking:
- what are the challenges disabled girls face in accessing their rights under the UNCRC and UNCRPD.
- to what extent are NGOs (Non-Governmental Organisations) and national governments meeting the needs and rights of disabled girls?
- are all the different types of disabilities [impairments] under the UNCRPD being equally included in development programmes and policies?
- to what extent is gender exacerbating the issue?
- how can the larger development community ensure that it includes disabled girls within its own policies and programmes?
The deadline for submission is 13th June 2011.
For guidance and more information click here.