Critical Disability Studies Symposium *On researching inclusion through inclusive research*
FREE! symposium hosted by Manchester Metropolitan University
Date: 11th November 2011 ~ 10am-12pm
Venue: New Lecture Theatre, Elizabeth Gaskell Campus, Manchester Metropolitan University.
This symposium would like to bring together people interested and involved in research and practice concerning disability, education, co-research, self-advocacy and inclusion.
People who are interested can submit papers on following topics:
* Exploring co-researching and what is inclusive research?
* Exploring accessible literature, conferencing, and how academia shares its findings?
* Exploring how we can bridge practice and research?
* Exploring accessibility of higher education for people with learning difficulties?
* Exploring how self-advocacy can tie in with research and research with self-advocacy?
Keynote will be facilitated by Toon Maillard (Guest scholar and researcher at the Critical Disability Studies Unit at MMU from Ghent University, Belgium)
Deadline for paper abstracts: 17th October 2011.