Call for Papers and Registration Information
York University’s Critical Disability Studies Student Association (CDSSA) will be holding its 8th annual graduate student conference in April 2012 (precise date to be confirmed) at York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The conference aims to showcase graduate students across North America and their work relating to themes and issues within the scope of Critical Disability Studies.
The event is interdisciplinary, and so possible topics can include but are not limited to the following:
- Disability advocacy
- Critical theory and disability: feminism, post-modernism, Marxism, etc.
- History of disability: Antiquity, Middle Ages, Victorian Age, Industrial Age, etc.
- Law and public policy, and disability
- Qualitative and quantitative research pertaining to disability
- Education and disability
- Culture: disability-related literature and film analysis
- Employment, market, workforce, and income security in relation to disability
- Disability-related topics in social sciences: psychology, sociology, geography, political science
- Assessment of accessibility accommodations
- Technology and disability
Paper presentations must be no longer than 20 minutes, which equates to approximately 10-15 pages, with 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced, and 1 inch margins. The CDSSA adjudication committee will review abstracts that are 150-200 words in length. Authors might be asked to present their work as posters instead of as paper presentations. Abstracts must be anonymous. The text of the email must include the author’s name, institutional affiliation, contact information, the title of the work, and preferred presentation format (paper or poster).
Applicants must send their abstracts as attachments in Microsoft Word format to the following email address: email@example.com
Submission deadline is 15th January 2012.
Presenters must register for the event. Registration deadline is 1st April 2012 and is free.
For those requiring accommodations registration deadline is 1st March 2012.
In order to register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and number of guests
- Contact information
- Dietary restrictions (if applicable)
- Accessibility accommodations (if applicable)
Please note that accommodations will be provided only upon request by the registration deadline.
For more information and updates, please click here.