The call for papers for the 2012 Lancaster Disability Studies Conference is now open.
The main theme of the conference in 2012 is Disability, Poverty and Neo-Liberalism.
We invite the submission of abstracts for either symposium, paper or poster presentations on current research, ideas and developments in disability studies. In particular the reviewing committee would welcome submissions in the following areas:
- Impact of global economic changes
- War, conflict and political change
- Independent living, rights and citizenship
- Professions allied to communities
- Normalcy and neuro-diversity
- Madness, distress and disability
- Eugenics and assisted dying
- Culture, history and arts
- Theoretical and methodological ideas and debates
The reviewing committee would also welcome abstracts for poster presentations about the work of organisations, networks and groups which are related to disability studies.
The deadline for submissions is 9th March 2012.
Abstract authors will be notified of the reviewing committee’s decision by 4th May 2012.
Abstracts must be submitted using the online form which can be found at: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/events/disabilityconference/