This is a free event but please reserve a place here
This is a public open event marking the conclusion of ‘Servicing Utopia’, a four-month research collaboration between the University of Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam Univeristy and University of Leeds with planners, architects and designers exploring and rethinking accessible toilet architecture. ‘Servicing Utopia’ interrogates what utopia in the 21st century might mean, in the context of architecture and design, for different people and communities. The project starts from the position that adequate toilet provision enables all people to access and participate fully in public and civic life.
The event will open with a panel of speakers, including Sheffield Civic Trust members, planners and architects, on the topic ‘Design Opportunities and Challenges When Thinking About Access’. This will be followed by a launch of the digital Toilet Toolkit, a key output of the project which has been developed in collaboration with Live Works at the University of Sheffield. There will be opportunities for audience members to trial the tookit and provide feedback and critical input. Wine reception and refreshments to follow.
The final Toolkit will be launched 24th – 26th June 2016 at the Utopia Fair, Somerset House, London.
- More information on getting to the venue here:http://www.arthousesheffield.co.uk/contact/
- A wine reception and refreshments will begin at 5 pm
- Tea, coffee, juice and water will be provided throughout the event
- There is step-free access to the building and the exhibition space, which is on the ground floor
- There is access to a disabled toilet
- A quiet cafe space, next to the exhibition space, can be accessed throughout the event
- We want to make this event as accessible as possible. Please let us know if you have any more access questions or requirements.
A PROGRAMME WILL BE ADDED SHORTLY
See more information about the project on our website: https://aroundthetoilet.wordpress.com/
Follow us on twitter @cctoilettalk
- Wednesday, 8 June 2016 from 15:00 to 18:00 (BST)
- The Art House – 8 Backfields, Sheffield, S1 4HJ – View Map