Call for papers is open until 1st April 2019
Conference will take place at Sheffield Hallam University, on May 31st 2019
More information available here and below: https://postgradgroupshu.wordpress.com/call-for-papers/
Details: Inter-disciplinary conference with the theme of Invisibility
Potential approaches to Invisibility and Absence may include:
- Absent voices in political discourses, and how those voices are silenced.
- Power relationships predicated upon the absence of voice of some of the participants.
- The gaining of voice; making oneself visible.
- The ontological status of the ‘invisible’.
- Narratives of those who have been traditionally under-represented or oppressed: women, trans, minority narratives.
- The ‘unseen’ consequences of political discourses on those without voice.
- Agency and visibility.
- Age and invisibility.
- Social media and presence.
- The experience of being ‘invisible’ within discourse and its consequences.
- Disempowerment relating to absence.
The conference is aimed at giving masters, PhD students and early career researchers the opportunity to have their ideas heard in a supportive environment. It has been run for three years and is a great opportunity to gain experience of a conference, practise delivering a conference paper or to network with others.
The conference isn’t limited to Sheffield Hallam University, there will be a key note from Manchester and 5 abstracts from universities all over England have been received so far.
If you wish to submit your abstract please email it to: email@example.com and should include a 250 word abstract and a short biography.