Design and Undertaking Participatory Research: Practical Issues, Successes and Challenges Tuesday 7th April 2020, Sheffield Hallam University.
This one-day workshop will bring together researchers doing social research, working with or interested in participatory research approaches. The event will include: presentations with Q&A; lunch and refreshments (included); and a round table discussion to network and share ideas.
Call for Papers: You are invited to submit an abstract (max 200 words) for a 15-minute presentation on your research. Presentations are sought on the following themes:
- Designing participatory research.
- Different methodological approaches to participatory research and innovative methods.
- Experiences of using participatory research methods, and the successes and challenges of doing so.
- Facilitating participation and co-productive working at different stages of the research process (e.g. recruitment, analysis or dissemination etc).
- The practicalities of doing participatory research and reflexive thoughts.
- Participatory research and ethical considerations.
- Participatory research, politics and activism.
- Negotiating participatory research within academic frameworks (e.g. A PhD, gaining ethical approval, publishing etc)
- Developing research grants for participatory research.
Please submit abstracts by: Friday 31st January 2020. Bursaries of up to £50 are available to cover travel expenses for presenters.
Please see poster for full details.
Organised by Ruth Beresford, for further information or to submit an abstract please contact: email@example.com